Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween night 2009!

At the beginning of the year, I was way too ambitious in signing up to help in both kids classrooms. So Nathan once again bailed me out of trouble and took time to help out with Zach's Halloween party and I helped out in Kirsten's class. I was incharge of coming up with a craft activity to do at a center and then man it. The day before the party I tried out the egg carton bat that I had planned to do and it was hard even for me the cut through the cardboard carton....so with this in mind I went on the hunt for a new simpler project. Kathy Anderton saved the day when she mentioned the styrophome spiders that she had seen done at her school. Then the problem was not what to do, but where to get the black wire piping for the legs and for 25 kids worth. I eventually concluded I wasn't going to find them after going to 6 store and as a last resort went to the local grocery store down the street and found some colorful striped ones and for only $1 a package. The spiders turned out great. I found the styrophom balls at the craft store, the black napkins I got at the dollar store and the eyes at walmart. Cute activity that went off without a hitch except that there was no time for pictures during the activity, thus Kirsten's pose at the end with her spider.
I was feeling lazy and didn't want to make dinner so we got one of the pumpkin pizzas from Papa Murphy's. Hint for next year...go get it before 5 pm then there won't be a mile long line not only in drive through but inside too.
The kids were happy about pizza any way they get it!
We went trick-or-treating with the Reynold around our neighborhood and found this "freety" (freaky) house with gravestones and a fogger machine going. Nathan tried to take a picture and it turned out better than I thought it would. Kirsten was the witch, Zach the lion, and Caleb the fireman. I love it when we can reuse Halloween costumes!

No comments: