Monday, December 29, 2008

Family picture take 2

With picture taking comes the inevitable reluctance to sit and smile and conform to the mass. Kirsten is demonstrating this so well, but just wait.
Now Zachary couldn't be left out of the fun. Kirsten is trying to pass the time till mom has everyone dressed and ready to go.
Now even mom is joining in the grumbling. I didn't think that we could pull it off taking a family picture with a timer on the camera.
We were making some progress with the picture shoot. Camera would take one picture then Nathan would run after Caleb to the camera to reset it again and then race back to their places. On one such event, Caleb failed to stop running and tripped into the wall. Just our luck a goose egg began to form. We were getting out the ice to combat the growing problem.
Through it all Nathan stayed pretty optimistic and we did have fun! I didn't think that we got a keeper picture and so we went to Walmart, which didn't prove fruitful, but we bought 2 pictures anyway and the kids got a doughnut for their efforts. Now you know why we don't get family pictures that often (way too much work). Mom stresses way too much. The resulting picture is our opening picture on the blog... not too bad!

5 comments:

dots said...

I think it turned out great!! I love the color of your walls, especially for the background...I'm glad my kids are better at taking pictures now...just wish Julia were closer to take them for me more often!

Giggles said...

I think it was worth the effort. You have a beautiful family.

Amber said...

Way cute!..It is such a stress to the mom! I dread the family pictures every other year but am always so glad I did them. Good idea to do the timer.

Becca said...

Oh I think they look good...but I do understand how hard it is...Ok, I'm so excited that you guys are Brayden's new teachers!! He was so excited when he got home and told me all about it!! You guys are awesome!! I'm glad you are still one of our kids teachers!! We are seriously lucky!! Thanks for being so awesome!

Lisa said...

This is a great picture of the family. I got my easil at Ikea, but it doesn't have trays on both sides. Good luck!