Thursday, June 18, 2009

Never a dull moment!

The kids had a blast with their cousins. They were still in school for another week, but they would be anxious for when they got home to play. Dorothy was out of town and we got alot of fun time in with the girls. We missed seeing Dorothy and Mikeena though! Crafts were a big part of the after school activities, paper, plays, stamps, card making...
We sang song and played the piano, the girls practiced their piano pieces. I even got a chance to play a little. I really miss playing...and I never thought I would say that. Maybe I'll clarify by saying I miss playing for the pure enjoyment of it...I hated practicing because I had to.
Grandma read stories to the kids...How many kids can fit in this chair?
Everyone wanted to sit on grandpa's lap so grandpa piled them on to watch cartoons one morning.
Uncle David was a real favorite with the boys. He brought out his old box of cars and let the boys ohh and ahh and then even play with them.
Zach even got to go for a couple of rides with Uncle David in his truck. Caleb had to get a short ride around the corner, but Zach thought he was pretty special cause he got to go all by himself. It's hard being the oldest boy with all the girls around.
We went to the park on walks with Sierra...we managed to find a park most times. Kirsten had a blast on the rope swing.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her on the swing. Letting loose and having fun!

Caleb swung on the swings for awhile, but didn't like being confined and headed for the ladder.
Grandpa gave him a quick climbing lesson and then he had to hurry after him to keep up.

This is the only picture I could get before Caleb hightailed it down the slide with out grandpa.

No comments: