Saturday, October 2, 2010

My birthday #33!

My birthday fell on a saturday this year and even though I was looking forward to sleeping in, I had a pleasant surprise. A around 5:30am, Caleb woke up and needed to go potty. I took him and then on returning him to bed, Zach wanted a drink. I complied thinking that if I do it quickly, I'll get back to bed faster. I hurried back in the hall only to collide with Nathan coming to check what was going on. I go back to bed and Nathan says he'll be right there. I fell back to sleep for a little bit then realize Nathan is not back. I go check and see him on the front room couch, but before I say anything, he gets up to answer a quiet knock on the door. Two of my best friends, Becca and Lona Marie had come to take me to breakfast. They were worried I'd be mad because they know I love to sleep in on the weekends after getting up at 6am to run with them. It was a wonderful surprise despite the time to go to IHOP for breakfast with them. Amy later met us there and Emily missed out because she was sick. Thank you for the breakfast surprise gals. It was a great way to start the day!
Later in the day we went to the duck pond. After experiencing the feeding frenzy earlier in the month, we went a little crazy and got 4 loaves of bread and 4 pkgs. of hotdog buns for the occasion. We all enjoyed watching the ducks and fish devour the food.


We thought we missed the new ducklings this year, but spotted two new families on the water today.
Nathan got me a yummy ice cream cake this year! Notice the 6 candles. Nathan thought 33 candles was too many so he put 3 candles on each side for 33. Inventive!
When I tried to cut the cake the cutter got stuck and I could pick up the whole cake! Nathan then tried to cut into it with a butter knife and broke the knife. oops! Now we know to get the cake out before you plan on eating so it can thaw a little to preserve our knifes. It was a great cake with mint ice cream filler and oreo's dipped in chocolate on top. Sound good? It was heavenly!
After cake and ice cream, I went to the women's conference with Lona Marie. Which was really good, despite that it fell on my birthday!
When I got home, Nathan went and got me an order of fried zucchini from Red Robin. This is my favorite food of the moment! MJ had just got done with his recruiting and so nathan and him ordered pizza. I would say we all enjoyed our feast together, but I already had eaten and gone to bed when their food arrived. It was a great ending to a great day!

No comments: